The arts at the University of Chicago are truly “liberal” and not confined to preprofessional study as in a traditional conservatory.
- The Theater and Performance Studies (TAPS) major at University of Chicago combine academic theory with artistic practice.
- Courses approach drama and theater from diverse perspectives, including textual analysis of written plays; theory and history of drama as literature and performance; theater in relationship to other performance practices, such as music, ritual, and social or political ceremonies; and the practice of theater.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theater and Performance Studies BA Colloquium
- Text and Performance
- Staging Terror
- Staging Desire
- Beginning Screenwriting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1240 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Supplement Essays
- Application Fee or Automatic Fee Waiver
- Secondary School Report and Transcript
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- Midyear Report
International59256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59256 USD per year during 48 months.
National59256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59256 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.