Horticulture is the application of scientific principles in the growing, marketing, processing, and utilizing of fruits, vegetables, flower and foliage plants, trees, shrubs, and turf grasses.
Horticulture is both a production and service industry. Well-educated horticulturists have the best opportunity for obtaining positions and moving up in the industry. The industry will be looking for professionals who can manage greenhouses, nurseries, and floral outlets, buy and sell supplies, plant material, and equipment, or edit journals and newsletters.
Meeting the nutritional needs of the world population is an important challenge. Researchers are needed to develop improved fruit and vegetable varieties. Other professionals are needed to improve production and transportation methods and to develop and market better fertilizers.
Within this field, students of this Horticulture program from Colorado State University can exercise their talents and interests in computers, construction, engineering, chemistry, physics, social services, or business management. Participation in internships and cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development.
Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Floriculture Concentration
- Horticultural Business Management Concentration
- Horticultural Food Crops Concentration
- Production Option
- Seed Science Option
- Horticultural Science Concentration
- Horticultural Therapy Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Horticulture Plant & Crop Sciences View 83 other Bachelors in Horticulture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12260 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.