Chemical and biological engineering is a powerful blend of basic sciences and the skills to quantitatively describe, predict, and control all changes of matter. This provides the foundation to create cutting-edge materials and products, to design new devices to improve health or the environment, and to design processes for the safe production of chemicals and biochemicals, the production of alternative energy sources, and prevention of hazardous waste.
The Chemical and Biological Engineering from Colorado State University includes engineering science and design methods, as well as humanities and social sciences. Students can pursue interdisciplinary studies programs or minors. Popular options include minors in chemistry, mathematics, environmental engineering, and biomedical engineering.
The curriculum is well-aligned to meet pre-health profession requirements. The Chemical and Biological Engineering program provides an environment that promotes a sense of professionalism, the development of project management skills, and an appreciation for the value of life-long learning.
Graduates of our program are well prepared to enter a variety of professions, or to pursue further education. The broad, strong scientific basis of chemical and biological engineering has kept our graduates consistently near or at the top in salary and demand among B.S. graduates.
Chemical and Biological Engineering graduates find employment in the biotechnology, biomedical, microelectronics, environmental, consulting, alternative energy, petroleum, chemical, food, pharmaceutical and other private sector industries and with government agencies.
Participation in internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
In addition to pursuing M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in chemical and biological engineering and related fields, some of our graduates have obtained M.D., D.V.M., law, and M.B.A. degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Lab
- College Composition
- Attributes of Living Systems
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 305 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.