Human resource professionals operate in a dynamic and changing world, managing the organization’s relationship with its employees. They develop and manage people, practices, and policies to ensure that they produce employee attitudes, skills, behaviors, and performance that companies need to achieve their strategic goals. They are commonly responsible for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training and developing, evaluating performance, compensating, providing benefits, counseling, and terminating employees.
HR Professionals are employed in every industry and are an essential partner in an organization’s strategic vision for the future and for ensuring the right people are in place. It is essential that an HR professional learn and master key knowledge, skills, and abilities including critical thinking, confidentiality, change management, communication, negotiation and conflict management, business acumen, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and fairness. In addition to the All-University Core Curriculum, course work for a concentration in Human Resource Management includes the College of Business Core and various management electives that allow the student to structure a program around his or her educational and/or career interests.
Students in the Business Administration - Human Resource Management major at Colorado State University will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and skills necessary to assume entry-level HR positions in preparation for pursuing careers in a wide variety of organizations and industries
- Knowledge and skills to develop and implement HR practices in a strategic, legal, and ethical manner
- Understanding of HR’s role in the efficient and effective operations of organizations and their human resources
- The ability to create and manage HR practices that respect and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace
Some examples include, but are not limited to the following: Compensation Analyst, Employee Benefits Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Human Resource Assistant, Human Resource Consultant, HR Information Systems Manager, HR Metrics Analyst, Human Resource Manager, Job Analyst, Labor Relations Specialist, Orientation Specialist, Recruiter, Training and Development Specialist, Wellness Program Administrator, Workforce Planning Specialist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics in Contemporary Organizations
- Business Writing and Communication
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Statistics With Business Applications
- Social-Ethical-Regulatory Issues in Business
- Business Analytics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Human Resource Management View 1889 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12260 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.