Drawing on this vibrant heritage, the curriculum promotes an awareness of theater as a global phenomenon embodying the contributions of diverse cultures and explores theater as a forum for reflecting the human experience as revealed through the dynamics of theater production.
With this in mind, students in the Theater program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) engage in the presentation of dramatic work in a community where creativity and critical thought combine in the exploration of the artistic and intellectual challenges inherent in the making of theater.
The Theater major has the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of fundamentals acquired through coursework, including general knowledge of the art form and skills in a specialized area of study
- Successful relation of experience in a studio, production, or fieldwork setting
- Engagement with a community of artists and scholars presenting theatrical work
- Effective oral and written communication
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Interpretation of Theater and Performance: Global Perspective
- Play Reading and Analysis
- Theater Production
- Production Practice in Theater, Film, Video, and Digital Media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA
- Meet other requirements specific to your country
- Take the ACT with Writing Test, SAT with Writing or SAT with Essay by December of your last year at secondary school
- Demonstrate English-language Proficiency
International42993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42993 USD per year during 48 months.
National42993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42993 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13239 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13239 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.