Whether it’s TV, video, radio, or social media content, technology has led the media industry to develop a focus on digital and technical mediums and formats.
Media Production (Hons) from De Montfort University is an industry-focused course, which provides you with the technical foundations and practical skills required for a career in a rapidly changing media landscape, enabling you to pursue roles in industries such as advertising, TV and radio production, journalism and PR.
Teaching modules include image capture and processing, audio recording and production, television documentary production, radio location production, creative media entrepreneurship and social media innovation.
Graduates from this programme work in a wide range of careers such as camera operators, producers, photographers, technical operators and broadcast engineers.
Past students have also gone on to work as graphic designers, video editors and producers, independent video company directors, television presenters and web designers. The companies they’ve gone on to work for include Endemol, Ideal World TV, Lime Pictures, the Guardian, the Telegraph and the BBC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses include:
- Image Capture and Processing
- Audio Capture and Processing
- Social Media Innovation
- Television Studio Production
- Video and Imaging Techniques
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 480 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally 104 UCAS points from at least two A-levels, or
- BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM
- Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English or equivalent.
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE. English GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course or
- International Baccalaureate: 28+ points
Alternative qualifications include:
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.