This Advertising and Marketing Communications (Hons) programme from De Montfort University is designed to give you a solid understanding of the strategic side of marketing and the creative side of advertising. Modules such as Advertising and Promotion will teach you how to develop an integrated marketing campaign similar to those required by industry. You will also learn how to develop communication messages and undertake digital and traditional media planning.
You will also benefit from a strong academic and theoretical background through modules such as Brand Management, which aims to equip you with an understanding of the models and frameworks necessary to develop and grow brands in a variety of organisational contexts.
A degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications opens up a whole range of career opportunities such as account management, digital marketing, brand management, advertising and marketing communications, public relations, customer insight or market research.
You could find yourself developing new products, planning social media campaigns, deciding the future marketing strategy for many household names or developing a digital communications campaign for a big brand.
Recent graduates have progressed to professional roles such as product marketing manager at NaturalMotion, CRM executive at Hearst Magazines, marketing analyst at Bank of Ireland, and account executive at We Launch.
A marketing degree at DMU helped Brennan Cross start a role as a senior sales data insight analyst at Verizon Media following a successful year at the same company.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Accredited Study Centre
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Dual Award Status, providing you with exemptions from half of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing (subject to module selection)
- Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM) Key Educational Partner, enabling you to study the IDM Certificate in Direct and Digital Marketing alongside your degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Decision Making
- Employability, Professionalism and Academic Study Skills
- Marketing Information and Decision Making
- The Digital and Social Media Context of Business
- Advertising and Promotion
- Brand Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 196 other Bachelors in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer is 112 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent (eg BTEC)
- Five GCSEs grades A–C including English Language and Maths
- English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade C
- We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points
Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.