History is the study of the human experience in all times and places. Historians believe only by examining the past can we understand the present and prepare for the future. In this endeavor, they discover, record, and preserve the history of the world.
Research is a vital part of the History major at University of Arizona . History majors learn the truth of President Harry Truman's statement: "The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know." Their research requires the latest computer facilities, the ability to write clear, well-documented prose and, most of all, the desire to learn what makes humanity tick.
- Historic preservation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Games and Play in Medieval and Early Modern Europe
- Cuisine, Culture, and Power
- History of Crime in America 1607-Present
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 328 other Masters in Modern History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have a 3.00 recalculated grade point average (GPA) (a "B" or better where "A"=4.00) from a secondary school. Please note: GPA recalculation occurs during the admissions evaluation process.
- Have three years of high school work. Please note: If you are currently in high school, UA needs to see 9–11 grade work. If you have completed high school then UA needs to see 10–12 grade work.
- Have and present a completed high school diploma or certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37116 USD per year during 48 months.
National36600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.