History and politics are a natural combination. Knowledge of the past helps us to understand the present. And current politics provides insights into history.
Six reasons to study History and Politics at Hull
- One of the largest Westminster placement schemes
- History is ranked 5th in the UK for overall satisfaction, with a score of 99%
- Politics is in the top 20 in the UK for overall satisfaction†
- 97% graduate employment rating§
- Exclusive seminars by parliamentary officials
- Choose to study at a partner institution abroad
Your future prospects
- Political researcher
- Civil servant
- Museum or gallery conservator
This joint degree opens up a wide range of career paths from politics to teaching. By explaining, supporting and defending your ideas, you’ll become a better communicator.
We also develop your digital literacy through diverse teaching and learning methods, helping you build skills that you can draw on throughout your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- British Political History since 1945
- International Relations
- From Peasants to Consumers, from Subjects to Citizens: Themes in the Modern World
- The Medieval World: Life, Power and Belief
- Philosophy, History and Ideology
- The Past: Reality and Reconstruction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory International Relations View 893 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from:
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.