Besides the three-year option, there are more specialised versions of this course.
- You can add a year’s work placement
- Extend your study to Masters level with an extra year
- A foundation year boosts your skills and knowledge if you don't quite meet our academic entry requirements
More about this course
- 93% of thechemistry graduates are in work or further study within six months (UK domicile full-time first degree leavers
- industry-standard resources include mass spectrometry facilities, our own PET (Positron Emission Tomography) Research Centre, laser technology for elemental analysis and microfluidic fabrication capability.
You’ll be taught and inspired by biochemists, chemists and biologists. All leaders in their fields – from researchers in medical imaging, metabolic and cardiovascular diseases, wound healing and cancer to experts in lab-on-a-chip miniaturised biochemistry.
The graduates are highly sought-after in the thriving bioscience, biotech and pharmaceutical industries throughout the world because of the emphasis on collaboration and problem solving on our Biochemistry degree.
You will receive excellent training in fundamental scientific principles, laboratory work, teamwork, organisational skills and computing skills. It is these invaluable qualities that make our graduates so attractive to the job market as a whole.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cell Structure and Function
- Organic Chemistry and the Analytical Approach
- Insight into Biochemistry and Scientific Skills
- Principles of Genetics
- Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
- Protein Biochemistry
- Molecular Genetics and Proteomics
- Synthesis and Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 472 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from:
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17200 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.