During the War Studies programme at King's College London, instead of adopting a single disciplinary viewpoint, you will approach the topics from a variety of distinctive angles including politics, international relations, philosophy, sociology, history and strategic studies.
- King's is amongst the world's leading universities for the study of war and conflict.
- Teaching by leading international experts who work in close collaboration with governments, armed forces and NGOs across the world.
- Outstanding flexibility, allowing you to focus on your fundamental interests of war and conflicts.
- Frequent guest lectures throughout the year by high-profile international speakers.
- Intellectually and physically located close to government; our campus is just ten minutes' walk from Whitehall in the heart of London amongst the media, museums, and major libraries and research institutes of the capital.
- Department has established relationships and links with major London institutions such as Chatham House, IISS, RUSI, Janes Defence, Visiongain and AKE.
- We offer a dedicated focus on employability skills, assisting you to careers in defense, foreign affairs, humanitarian aid, risk analysis, journalism, and banking.
Our graduates go on to work in a range of fields including government (most commonly in Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs in the UK and abroad), academia, journalism, banking (often in emerging markets or risk analysis), research and policy think-tanks, humanitarian organisations and international organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Causes of War
- The Conduct of War
- The Experience of War
- Art of War Studies
- Contemporary Security Issues
- War in the 20th Century
- 10,000-word dissertation
- State, Society & Strategy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 460 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
- No compulsory subjects.
- No preferred subjects.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.