You will examine how the ‘emerging economies’ are promoting economic, social and political development as well as growth in new and often innovative ways.
- The interdisciplinary International Development BA programme at King's College London offers a distinctive approach to the study of development by focusing on the ‘emerging economies’ and international development.
- Located in the heart of London with excellent academic, social and cultural opportunities and wide-ranging access to library and archival resources nearby.
- You can choose to study abroad for a full year, and extend your education at King's over four years.
The emerging markets are the most dynamic economies and societies in the world today. Their economic growth rates may wax and wane and they face real challenges to continuing success. Nevertheless, their emergence is fundamentally changing the global political economy and they will continue to be dynamic and vital countries for the foreseeable future.This course provides high quality training for students seeking employment related to the emerging economies, including in the private, NGO and government sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Studies in Development
- History of the Global Economy
- Economic Analysis of Emerging Economies
- Social & Political Analysis of Emerging Economies
- East Asian Development
- China & Development
- Transition, Emergence & Development in Africa
- Development Issues in South Asia
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
480 with year abroad
DisciplinesInternational Development View 127 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.