The European Studies (German Pathway) with a Year Abroad BA degree course offered at King's College London is split between European Studies modules and German-specific modules. You will study a range of required modules that include European politics, political economy, political thought, contemporary history, culture, economics, law, alongside of which you will focus on German politics, history, language and contemporary culture.
- No prior knowledge of German is required for the ab initio version of this pathway, you will learn the language from scratch.
- The department is a founding member of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, which regularly hosts high-profile scholars and practitioners at King's.
- Taught by research-active, multi-national team of academics with the opportunity to specialise in particular fields or politics, government and nation.
- Your third-year will be spent studying abroad providing you with excellent opportunities to engage in German culture and society.
- Opportunities to take part in a broad range of extra-curricular events, from lectures by visiting speakers to the student-organised annual ‘European Week’ where you will debate contemporary issues.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Trade Policy Analyst, Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development
- Communications Consultant, Kreab Gavin Anderson
- Event Coordinator, Reed Exhibitions
- Individual Giving Administrator, Tate
- Journalism/Writing Intern, New York Times
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Making of Modern Europe: Historical, Political & Sociological Approaches
- An Introduction to German Politics
- Milestones of German History
- The Integration of the European Union
- Politics & Culture in Cold War Germany
- German Core Language Module
- German Core Language
- Translation from & into German
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Languages View 1545 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
- Preferred subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.