The school emphasizes critical thinking, reading, analysis and production in the field of communication. Students will study the cultures, histories, technologies, and ideologies of the media and communication infrastructures in our society.
Successful graduates from Simon Fraser University's Communication program are literate in media and information technologies with an understanding of social and ethical implications. Project and group work are used to apply theories of communication to promote social change and community engagement.
Our faculty address the most pressing environmental, economic, technological and political issues in our society through the translation of theory and research into practice and action.
The world is changing rapidly and so is the full range of career opportunities that await. Armed with the necessary knowledge and skills, graduates pursue careers in jobs such as:
- Advertising Account Manager
- Blog Writer
- Campaign Organizer
- Communication Assistant
- Cultural Event Coordinator
- Fundraising Specialist
- Image Consultant
- Photo Journalist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Communication Studies
- Communication and Social Change
- Empirical Communication Research Methods
- Documentary Research in Communication
- Design and Method in Qualitative Communication Research
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Public Relations Digital Communication View 40 other Bachelors in Digital Communication in Canada
- All applicants must meet the university's English Language Requirements
- All applicants must meet the university's Quantitative and Analytical Skills requirements
- All students must present a minimum grade of C-/60% in a junior or senior level acceptable Math course
- Graduation from a university-preparatory program at a senior high school
- Submit a transcript which includes grades for all courses completed and final grades for the first semester of Senior Year. (An admission average is calculated on final year results.)
International979 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 979 CAD per credit during 48 months.
National195 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 CAD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.