Why Study History?
Here are the History Department’s Top Five Reasons:
- We don’t prepare you for a job—the History program of Rutgers University prepares you for every job. What do the CEO of Goldman Sachs, the National Security Advisor, and Conan O’Brien have in common? All of them were history majors.
- Learn what you want to learn. History is a truly exciting major because you can study literally anything you want! Since history is the study of everything from the earliest times to the present, it can be the study of whatever you are interested in.
- Learn from the best, in an intimate setting. Our faculty consists of top-flight researchers who value small class sizes and getting to know our students. You get to know us, and we get to know you.
- Our classes aren’t the high-school history classes you hated. Our students sometimes tell us that high-school history classes made them lose interest in the past because it was all about memorizing names and dates. But that’s not what our classes are about.
- We respect your intelligence. We don’t deny that history majors will be expected to read and write and discuss and think hard—in fact, we’re proud of it! The stimulating conversations taking place in your history classes every day will help you hone the intellectual skills you will apply in the professional world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What is History?
- Public History Practice
- Western Civilization
- Renaissance and Reformation
- France to 1715
- Development of the United States
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 387 other Bachelors in Ancient History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.