- Heritage: we have been running courses for the Building Services Engineering industry since 1947.
- Professional accreditation: accredited by CIBSE and the IoE as meeting the academic requirements of Incorporated Engineer status.
- We have one of the best laboratory–workshop complexes in London.
- Study modes to suit you: study full-time or part-time one day a week.
- Employability: you'll have the option to undertake a work placement in your third year.
- 1st for graduate prospects amongst London competitors in Building (Sunday Times).
- Ranked 2nd amongst London competitors for overall satisfaction in Building courses (National Student Survey).
Building service engineers help buildings to deliver on their potential. They work with architects and construction engineers to produce buildings that offer the functionality and comfort we expect, with the minimum impact on our environment. They design the lighting appropriate for the space, the heating, cooling, ventilation and all systems that ensure comfort, health and safety in all types of buildings, residential, commercial and industrial.
This course will prepare you for a career in the building services engineering industry in areas such as: design and build, contracting, consultancy, energy management, and facilities management.
BEng degrees include additional science and maths; many recruiters look favourably on BEng graduates for this reason. If you combine your BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering with an accredited Masters, you can achieve Chartered Engineer status.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) , the Energy Institute and the Energy Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering mathematics
- Building services engineering principles
- Construction practice
- Internal environment and comfort
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Advanced engineering mathematics
- Thermofluids engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 54 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 382 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14470 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK/EU fee: £5550
- International fee: £8682
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.