Advances in technology require capable individuals who can develop and maintain projects involving engineering skill and knowledge. The Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.) at the American Public University offers a solid foundation in electrical engineering theories, practices, competencies, tools, ethics, and technologies, and it is useful for developing solutions to technical and societal challenges.
Through this online electrical engineering bachelor's degree, you’ll get hands-on experience and online classroom instruction. Additionally, you will gain management knowledge that can serve you in various fields.
Coursework includes analog circuit design; circuit analysis; communication systems; control systems; energy conversion and transport; electromagnetic field theory; passive microwave circuit analysis and design; and radar and RF signal propagation, transmission, and reception.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Mechatronic Systems
Program Educational Objectives
- Utilize the critical and systemic thinking skills, and technical and professional competencies, acquired through their education to advance in a career related to their profession as evidenced by achievements or promotions to positions of increasing responsibility.
- Create value for society through the ethical practice of their professional abilities in developing solutions to technical and societal challenges.
- Continue to increase their knowledge and competence through self-development or formal schooling.
What You Will Do
In addition to the institutional and degree-level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering and Computing
- Analytic Geometry
- Linear Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Physics Electronics & Embedded Technology View 7 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to the Bachelor of Engineering program, applicants must have completed preparation in mathematics equivalent to pre-calculus or higher.
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 285 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.