For this Biotechnology program at University of Maryland University College, you are required to have already gained technical and scientific knowledge of biotechnology through transferred credit and direct experience in the field.
The major combines laboratory skills and applied coursework with a biotechnology internship experience and upper-level study and helps prepare you to enter the pharmaceutical, agricultural, or biomedical research industries and organizations as a laboratory technician, quality control technician, assay analyst, chemical technician, or bioinformatician.
In your courses, you'll study biological and chemical sciences, biotechniques, bioinstrumentation, bioinformatics, microbiology, molecular biology, and cell biology.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Practice ethical standards of integrity, honesty, and fairness in scientific practices and professional conduct
- Communicate orally and in writing in a clear, well-organized manner that effectively informs and clarifies scientific principles and lab techniques
- Offer technical support, customer assistance, and cost-benefit analyses regarding biotechnical approaches to the development of products and services
- Use scientific procedures and current and emerging technologies to conduct safe and hygienic laboratory experiments and collect validated and documented data
- Comply with and adhere to national, state, and local standards, policies, protocols, and regulations for laboratory and manufacturing activity
- Apply scientific knowledge and principles, quantitative methods, and technology to think critically and solve complex problems in biotechnology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inquiries in Biological Science
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Laboratory Management and Safety
- Workplace Learning in Biology
- Current Trends and Applications in the Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 9 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Secondary education (high school graduation): If you have earned fewer than 24 transferable credits at a U.S. college or university, you must verify your completion of the equivalent of a U.S. secondary education by doing one of the following:
- Requesting an evaluation from an approved international credit evaluation service
- Providing official transcripts showing completion of the U.S. General Education Development, known as the GED, exam with a passing score
International14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
National14970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.