- You can add a year’s work placement
- You could study abroad for a year
- Extend your study to Masters level with an extra year
- A foundation year boosts your skills and knowledge if you don't quite meet our academic entry requirements
Mechanical engineering has a long, successful history at Hull. You'll gain a broad knowledge base and innovative problem-solving skills which you can then apply to a range of mechanical engineering-related industries.
Choosing a mechanical engineering degree here is a step closer to a rewarding and stimulating career. We stay up-to-date with emerging technologies to train you in the most advanced ideas and techniques. We’ll give you the tools to unlock solutions that make people’s lives better.
Due to a national shortage of engineers and technologists, our graduates enjoy excellent career prospects with many securing challenging and rewarding positions in the UK, throughout Europe and in the USA.
The skills you learn from studying engineering – your mathematical abilities, problem-solving skills, ability to understand innovative concepts and experience of working in teams gained through group projects – are in high demand across all areas of engineering, and this is reflected in the significant pay rises of Chartered Engineers that continue to outstrip the cost of living.
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Tools and Concepts
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Design and Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Mathematics and Engineering Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Engineering Science
- Engineering Global Challenge
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 389 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from:
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.