The Food and Nutrition Management program from Saskatchewan Polytechnic develops skills in all three areas—food, nutrition and management. This opens doors to careers in food and nutrition in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, post-secondary institutions, remote mine sites and more.
Food and Nutrition Management is a nationally accredited two-year diploma program offered at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus . Build practical, hands-on knowledge and skills in food, nutrition and management, including:
- basic cooking and food preparation
- food service and customer relations skills
- coordination of catering and cafeteria promotions
- management and marketing skills
- menu planning
- nutrition and special diets
- participating on health care teams
Our Kitchen is Your Classroom
Hands-on training in food preparation and cooking is an important part of the program. As a supervisor or manager, you need to know food service from both sides of the “house.”
Put Nutrition on the Menu
Your practical training in nutrition includes nutritional assessment, menu planning and writing specialized diets as part of overall health treatment plans.
Get Real-World Experience
A practical experience in your second year provides on-the-job training in food and nutrition management in acute care, long term care and/or commercial settings. You’ll also polish your management skills during a one-month project at Le Bistro, the popular coffee shop on Saskatoon Campus.
- Principles of Food Preparation
- Nutrition and Healthy Living
- Basic Food Preparation
- Written and Oral Communications
- Career Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 86 other Bachelors in Food Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12
- English Language Requirement
- Employers and/or supervisors of practicums may require a Criminal Record Check and/or security clearance before you can complete the program requirements. The cost of the Criminal Record Check and/or security clearance are the responsibility of the student.
- Students will need to have experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint prior to entering the program.
- Practicum experiences are assigned by the Food and Nutrition Management program in partnership with industry partners. There are limited placements at each location. Enrolment in the program will require acceptance of the practicum as assigned and this placement may be outside of Saskatoon.
International15500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8540 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8540 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.