Want to be part of a new era in space exploration? Ever thought about launching satellites into orbit, conducting science on the moon or a mission to Mars? Today Australia needs skilled specialists to work in a rapidly growing space industry that is worth AU$495 billion. Opportunities exist for you. RMIT University will help fill this gap by training the next generation of highly capable graduates who will become leaders in space science.
There is no degree quite like this Bachelor of Space Science in Australia. We lead the way in both space science and engineering research. We provide a unique mix of physics, engineering, geospatial science, mathematics, and specialised space studies. During your studies, you'll have the opportunity to undertake a 12-week industry placement so you can immerse yourself in the world of space. These placements are run through Boeing, Geoplex and Nova Systems.
Our facilities include physics and engineering laboratories, workshops, the SPACE Research Centre (satellite tracking and satellite navigation units), Earth observation laboratories, and an optical telescope at our Bundoora Campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are five main learning outcomes. These include:
- Understanding science and engineering
- Knowledge capability
- Inquiry and problem solving
- Personal and professional responsibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences View 9 other Bachelors in Astronomy & Space Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 65% average (check calculator below).
- Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
- Meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee entry. Your application will still need to be assessed and accepted.
- This course has a Guaranteed ATAR (excluding adjustment factors).
- CRICOS: 0100712
- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) units 3 and 4 with a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL and units 3 and 4 with a study score of at least 20 in one of Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics, or equivalent studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37440 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37440 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.