Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
If you are an international student, the Australia Awards Scholarship (AAS) may financially help to support your study or research at RMIT.
Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
The value of the scholarships and awards vary depending on your country but may cover
- full tuition fees
- a stipend
- Introductory Academic Program
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and other expenses
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student
- be a citizen of any Australia Awards Scholarship participating country
- meet the general and country specific eligibility criteria as listed in the Australia Awards Scholarship Handbook.
Study experience required
- Check on the scholarship application opening and closing dates and participating countries.
- Refer to the scholarship eligibility criteria and your country’s priority areas of study.
- From the priority areas of study, choose the RMIT program you would like to study.
- Complete your scholarship application.
If you are successful for the scholarship, you will be notified by the Australia Awards office in your country. The Australia Awards office will then apply on your behalf so you need not apply directly to us. Once you have accepted your scholarship, your Student Contact Officer will be in touch with you shortly to ensure your transition to RMIT is as smooth as possible