About the Programme
In the Graphic Design programme of the University of Hull you'll learn about visual design, creative thinking, typography, the use of colour and composition and design history – and how to apply this knowledge through 2D and 3D design, web applications, animation and other evolving media. As well as a focus on your technical skills, you will also develop vital knowledge in leadership and professional practice – working as professionals do in a studio environment, while continually refining your own individual portfolio of work.
You’ll have exclusive access to our media labs, home to the latest digital media software and hardware used in the industry today.
In the Graphic Design, Art Direction and Creative Direction modules, you will learn how to create visual solutions for specific audiences for specific purposes. This is the very heart of graphic design — to first understand an audience, then present effective messages using text and imagery suitable for that audience.
Taught by lecturers with a diverse range of industry experience – including digital media and graphic design, advertising, game design and web development – you will concentrate on constructing conceptual graphic design solutions that stimulate desired responses. Only then are your ideas practically applied using hardware and software. The ability to first conceptualise (and also implement) graphic design solutions are valuable skills, and this degree programme is designed to give our graduates an advantage over those with only technical abilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Skills for Graphic Design: Adobe 2D
- Graphic Design Essentials: 2D Visual Design
- Practical Skills for Graphic Design: Adobe Web
- Graphic Design Essentials: UI & UX Design
- Practical Skills for Art Direction: Web Technologies
- Art Direction: Advanced Web Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 38 other Bachelors in User Experience Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At Hull, you’re a name not a number. During Clearing, we look at all of your qualifications and experience, not just your academic grades. We may be able to offer you a place whatever your situation.
- Some courses still do have requirements such as previous study in your subject area, or specific GCSE grades. Others have additional requirements such as an interview or a satisfactory DBS check.
- If you require a Tier 4 student visa to study or if your first language is not English you will be required to provide acceptable evidence of your English language proficiency level.
- This course requires academic IELTS 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in each skill.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.