The Bachelor of Brand Design (Hons) is a degree program at George Brown College that responds to the rapidly changing world of graphic design by preparing students to be forward-looking brand designers.
Brands are more than logos or sales tactics, they are carefully developed relationships between the brand makers and audiences – a brand is a promise to follow through on a purpose and a set of values that taken together express how someone perceives an organization or product. The Honours Bachelor of Brand Design degree is an opportunity to build a knowledgeable creative community of collaborators and strategic designers who are able to bridge business strategy, technology and the design world in order to produce innovative brand experiences.
Graduates of the Honours Bachelor of Brand Design degree program will have the analytical and technical skills to:
- Communicate and evolve the brand through the design of visual and physical, online and offline identities and experiences.
- Research to create and tailor designs that work across different touchpoints, generating dynamic, responsive, multi-sensory and personalized brand experiences for customers.
- Write, visualize and translate the brand story across these touchpoints and engage long-term with the emotions of audiences.
- Collaborate towards creative innovation with multidisciplinary teams.
Graduates will be trained for work that spans several occupational areas in advertising, marketing and public relations, as graphic designers and illustrators, content writers and web producers, communications specialists, marketing researchers and business and strategy consultants.
Graduates of this program will have acquired the skills necessary to be employed in design, branding and digital media studios, creative labs, in-house design and digital departments within larger corporations across sectors, or to work independently or in a start-up.
This program prepares graduates for positions such as:
- Brand Designer
- Digital Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Design Strategist
- Community Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Design Researcher
- Storyteller/Content Writer
- Communications Officer
- Marketing Researcher
- Communication Designer
- Content Strategist
- History and Cultures of Branding
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Design Studio: Design Foundations
- Production: Print & Digital Applications
- Type: Foundations
- Communicating for Design
- Writing Studio: Brand Copywriting
- Brand Strategy: A to Z of the Brand
- Critical Perspectives in Communications and Cultural Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Graphic Design Digital Marketing View 69 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic achievement, including the required courses, and any other selection criteria outlined below.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses or equivalent with a combined average of 65% or above (including English)
- English, Grade 12 (U) with a grade or 65% or higher
- Application Questionnaire
International18190 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18190 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7716 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7716 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.