At Materials Science and Engineering (Hons) from University of Birmingham you will understand how the materials that surround us – from bricks to body scanners – behave, and how they can be used and improved to develop new products, then this Materials Science and Engineering MEng degree has been made for you.
- Aerospace engineer
- Materials tester
- Failure analyst
- Marketing manager
- Materials scientist
- Irradiation Materials Science
- Advanced Polymer Systems
- Electron Microscopy
- Surface Engineering
- Materials for Sustainable Environment Technology
- Intermetallics, Metal Matrix Composites and Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Self-Sensing Materials
- Materials Modelling
- Advanced Casting and Solidification
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 230 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: AAA
- Required subjects and grades: A level Mathematics and one A level from Physics, Chemistry or Design and Technology.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma 6,6,6 at Higher Level, including Mathematics and either Physics, Design Technology or Chemistry, with a minimum of 32 points overall.
- BTEC Only considered when combined with other qualifications.
- Other qualifications are considered
International25860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.