You will be the subject expert on a major project during your degree, the projects are set and assessed alongside our partners from major industries. You’ll apply your in-depth technical knowledge and also learn how to share your ideas through virtual reality. In these projects, you’ll gain vital employability skills that will give you a competitive edge in applications forms, interviews and assessment tests for graduate jobs.
Digital and analogue technologies and their applications will continue to evolve at lightning speed, so our modules are designed to ensure you can play a leading role in inventing, designing and managing them. The Electronic and Electrical Engineering with Industrial Year (Hons) programme from the University of Birmingham gives you the opportunity to study core subjects and explore your own pathway with optional modules. You can really focus on the areas that interest you the most in your final year. You will apply the creative, technical, analytical and decision making skills you have developed into delivering an individual research project as well as a group design project.
- Design engineer
- Electrical power engineer
- Client engagement
- Lead software engineer
- Automotive reader manager
- Electrical engineer
- Project control engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication Systems
- Digital Electronics and Electrical Machines
- Electronic Circuits and Devices and Electromagnetics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Microprocessors and Control Systems
- Multidisciplinary Systems and Software Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 432 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: AAB
- Required subjects and grades: A level Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,5 at Higher Level to include Mathematics with a minimum of 32 points overall.
- BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered for BEng programmes providing there is sufficient Mathematics content and applicant satisfactorily completes our Mathematics aptitude test. Grades: BEng; D*D*D* plus Distinction in mathematics and further mathematics.
- BTEC Diploma considered in combination with A Level. Grades: BEng; D*D* plus B. If the A level taken is not in Mathematics, then the BTEC Diploma must include Maths and Further Maths units, and the applicant must satisfactorily complete our Mathematics aptitude test.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma considered in combination with 2 A Levels
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.