Classics (Hons) from University of Birmingham fits you if you are fascinated by ancient Greece and Rome, you love reading and thinking for yourself.
Students at Classics (Hons) from University of Birmingham will:
- explore the classical civilisations of Greece and Rome, as well as of Egypt, Ancient Western Asia and the Byzantine Empire, in a range of optional modules.
- encounter the classical world in all its diversity and explore its literature, culture, religion and history, and the many ways in which classical antiquity lives on in our world today.
- gain expertise in both Greek and Latin and, by reading in the original languages,
- be able to understand Greek and Latin texts in greater depth.
- The Greek World
- The Roman World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 384 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: ABB
- Required subjects and grades: A level Latin at grade B, or GCSE Latin, Greek, or a Modern Language at grade 7 is required.General Studies: Accepted.
- IB Diploma: 6,5,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall.
- BTEC qualifications
- English Proficiency
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20760 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.