The Musical Theatre major at American University Washington DC builds upon the same liberal arts foundation of the theatre major by combining it with serious training in acting, voice, and dance. Regardless of major or track, all students are encouraged to develop their critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity.
In the past, theatre students have had the opportunity to work closely with and observe internationally recognized artists in core classes, electives, productions, and extra-curricular seminars and workshops. Some of our distinguished guests and teaching artists include: Broadway composer Dick Scanlon, LA Writer/Producer and Emmy winner Gary Dontzig, Broadway Director Scott Ellis, Signature Theatre's Michael Baron, Fords' Theatre's Mark Ramont, Synetic Theatre's Paata Tsikurishvili, Broadway designer James Kronzer, and Hollywood actor Herb Edelman.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theatre Matters
- Fundamentals of Acting
- Introduction to Stage Design
- Stage Management
- Theatre History: From the Greeks to the Eighteenth Century
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15
- Early Decision 2: January 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
- Formal admission to the major requires demonstrated talent through an audition arranged with the department, preferably prior to beginning university studies.
- However, a student may enter as an intended major and audition once matriculated. Students will be accepted based on programmatic approval and written declaration of major.
International52160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52160 USD per year during 48 months.
52,160 - 58,171 USD
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.