Courses include foundational studies in political thought, American government, comparative politics, law and policy, international relations, social and criminal justice and more. The standard track prepares students in American Government, Law and Policy, ideal for the Pre-Law candidate. Students have the additional option of pursuing emphasis in criminal justice, international studies or social justice.
Political Science program at Simpson University Goals:
- GOAL 1 - Substantive knowledge of concepts, theories and political systems: political science students will graduate with substantive knowledge of basic political concepts, theories and systems, understand the institutions, processes and values that shape politics within and among states and be able to apply that knowledge to the world.
- GOAL 2 – Critical thinking, research, writing and communication skills: students will graduate with the ability to think critically about political concepts and systems by using the major analytic and theoretical frameworks in several subfields of political science. Students will formulate questions, evaluate arguments and communicate credibly in a variety of settings.
- GOAL 3 – Engagement in politics: It is our goal that students are prepared for active citizenship and develop an ongoing interest in local, national and global politics in a manner which allows for effective and intentional integration of personal faith with the political world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administration of Justice
- American Government
- Selected Topics in Political Science
- Political Thought
- Public Policy
- Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1098 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- 3.0 minimum unweighted High School GPA
- 910 SAT score (Math and Critical Reading combined) OR 17 ACT composite score
- Must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent (GED)
- Submit your online application ($35 non-refundable application fee)
- Submit a spiritual reference (online or by paper)
- Submit official secondary or high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT, SAT, or TOEFL score
- SAT: Minimum of 401 on critical reading section
- ACT: Minimum of 16 on English section
- TOEFL: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable)
International31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
National31180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31180 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Redding
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Simpson University institutional aid is given as scholarships to undergraduate students based on academic merit, talent, personal or family involvement in Christian ministry, and high levels of need as determined by the FAFSA. Institutional aid requirements must be met in order for a student to receive any of the institutional scholarships listed below.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.