The Music - Performance - Piano Pedagogy major offered at Colorado State University prepares students for continued study at the graduate level. The curriculum provides a strong foundation in music history, music theory, and performance, with many opportunities for performance, including large and small ensemble participation as well as solo recitals.
In order to complete the Performance concentration, students must select from one of the following options: jazz studies, orchestral instrument, organ, piano, piano pedagogy, string pedagogy, and voice.
Students will demonstrate:
- Ability to perform music from a variety of historical/ style periods, and exhibit the appropriate skills for musical self-expression in juried performances. These skills include: technique, musicianship, tone, diction/articulation, style, interpretation, sight-reading, rhythm, and artistry.
- Keyboard Skills.
- The capacity to create original or derivative music.
- Understanding of the common elements and organizational patterns of music, including musical forms, processes, and structures.
- Knowledge of music history and repertory, including representative composers and works according to the area of specialization, as well as study and experiences with music in addition to that of the primary culture encompassing the area of specialization.
Students are also expected to learn music literature from all periods through aural and score analysis. Performance skills are tested at the end of the sophomore year and in a graduation recital if required by the degree option. Some programs require satisfactory completion of supervised student teaching, an internship, or a senior project.
The professional undergraduate music curricula at CSU can lead to personally fulfilling careers as music educators, music therapists, performers, composers, private teachers, and entrepreneurs. Music graduates from CSU have successfully gained employment in public and private schools, hospitals and institutions, and as professional performers and composers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adolescent Psychology
- Keyboard Literature
- Applied Music Instruction: Piano
- Independent Study: Pedagogy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3336 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- $50 application fee
- Personal Statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.