Turfgrass managers are supervisors for golf courses, ski resorts, sports fields, and parks departments. Turfgrass professionals manage and train personnel, draw up work contracts, and allocate labor and financial resources efficiently.
Graduates of the Environmental Horticulture - Turf Management major at Colorado State University develop expertise in production and maintenance of ornamental and functional turfgrass areas with supplemental courses in nursery and landscape management, plant and soil science, business management, and irrigation design.
An internship is required to ensure graduates have practical experience, furthering their learning opportunities.
Graduates of the Environmental Horticulture major will find career opportunities in a multitude of fields in the green industry.
Emerging demand for environmental solutions and green technologies will position our students for careers in a wide variety of areas including: landscape design and construction, sports turf management, retail and wholesale nursery and garden center management; golf course superintendence, arborists, plant propagation, landscape project management, landscape management, landscape estimating, green industry account management, irrigation design and water resource management, arboriculture, botanic gardens or arboreta, or landscape business management and entrepreneurship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Agricultural Systems
- Transfer Seminar
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Business Computing Concepts and Applications
- Landscape Plants
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Horticulture Environmental Sciences View 92 other Bachelors in Horticulture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.