We have earned national recognition for our integration of undergraduate education and research from such organizations as the National Science Foundation, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and the Beckman Foundation. Mathematical Sciences students gain a broad education in science, mathematics, and the liberal arts while using state-of-the-art computational approaches in their courses, laboratories, and research activities.
Our faculty members are committed to teaching as well as to a wide range of scientific research. This combined emphasis on education and research brings special benefits to students, including increased awareness of current scientific developments that are incorporated in classroom instruction, and, most importantly, opportunities to participate with faculty, graduate students, and other research scientists in a variety of research projects.
- The Mission of the Carnegie Mellon University is to create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being.
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Integration and Approximation
- Concepts of Mathematics
- Mathematical Concepts and Proofs
- Discrete Mathematics
- Great Ideas in Theoretical Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 779 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript (please review our Academic Requirements)**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay
- Carnegie Mellon Common Application Writing Supplement, which includes three short answer questions
- All fine arts applicants to the Schools of Drama and Music are required to arrange required pre-screen, audition or portfolio review.
- All fine art applications to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design are required to submit required portfolio and creative materials.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
International57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
National57560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57560 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.