Environmental and Civil Engineering is concerned with the impact of infrastructure on the natural environment. It encompasses planning, design, construction, sustainability and the management and maintenance of this infrastructure. Fields of activity include water engineering, waste management, structures, transportation and foundations. Environmental engineers require not only technical skills but also project management and communication skills.
All major infrastructure developments require environmental assessment for their design and construction. Expertise in environmental assessment and civil engineering is therefore in demand. Graduates from the Environmental and Civil Engineering degree at Queen's University Belfast are ideally suited to this role. They can expect to find employment in the expanding areas of environmental management and regulation.
Studying for a civil engineering degree at Queen’s will assist you in developing the core skills and employment-related experiences that are valued by employers, professional organisations and academic institutions. Graduates from this degree at Queen’s are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including Civil Engineering.
Although the majority of our graduates are interested in pursuing careers in Civil Engineering significant numbers develop careers in a wide range of other sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This degree is designed to provide students with a good basis for a professional career as a chartered Civil Engineer working with environmental scientists and geologists. Emphasis is placed on the practical application of theory through design and laboratory work.
- The degrees contain an element of choice, but all students are required to take courses which will equip them with the technical, management and professional skills needed for a career in environmental and civil engineering.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- AAA including Mathematics and at least one from Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Digital Technology, Environmental Technology, Geography, ICT (not Applied ICT), Physics, Software Systems Development or Technology and Design.
- H2H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H2 in Mathematics and a Science subject (see list under A-level list requirements)
- 36 points overall, including 6,6,6 at Higher Level, including Mathematics and a Science subject (see list under A-level requirements).
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours Degree, provided any subject requirement is also met.
- Not considered. Applicants should apply for the BEng Civil Engineering degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £22,000
- International £22,000
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.