These students may be eligible for special education services in the primary disability areas of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), developmental cognitive disability (DCD), emotional/behavioral disorders (EBD), other health disorders (OHD), and specific learning disabilities (SLD).
Continuing Education: Contact Dr. Carrie Pfeifer for post-baccaluareate program information.
Bethany Lutheran College students majoring in Special Education will meet the following objectives as they fulfill the requirements for the B.A. degree and Minnesota State Licensure:
- Master course content that includes curriculum, pedagogy, and proficiencies based on the Minnesota Standards of Effective Practice for Teachers.
- Demonstrate performance objectives that require effective instructional planning, delivery, and assessment skills for all students.
- Develop professionalism as evidenced by the candidate’s professional growth in several areas including self-confidence, sensitivity to the learner’s needs and awareness of classroom effectiveness, and awareness of the need for continual growth.
- Write clearly and coherently, read with comprehension, speak effectively, and listen with care and openness.
- Use mathematical skills and knowledge of quantitative methods of assessment and evaluation.
- Use appropriate technologies as tools for problem solving and for finding, analyzing, and communicating information.
- Think critically and reflectively and draw reasonable, supportable conclusions both individually and in groups.
- Cultivate physical and psychological health and well-being within oneself and others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Foundation/Philosophy
- Educational Psychology & Human Relations
- Introduction to the Exceptional Learner
- Educational Technology and Media
- Curriculum Planning and Assessment
- Classroom Management
- American Minorities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 482 other Bachelors in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript (or college transcript for transfer students)
- Copy of any certificate or degree obtained
- Results from TOEFL, IELTS, or another approved English proficiency indicator.
- If the student is from an English-speaking country, then official ACT or SAT scores shall be evaluated instead of English proficiency test.
- For students transferring from another US college or university, the test requirements may be waived pending review of official college transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation
- Certificate of financial responsibility and supporting documents (bank statement)
- Passport copy
International27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
National27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Mankato
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.