The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Dominican University is a natural complement to Dominican's strength in the sciences, as the university already boasts a strong reputation for its programs in biology, chemistry, neuroscience, nutrition science and medical science.
As an undergraduate program of Dominican’s new College of Health Sciences, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) equips students with the knowledge to sit for and pass the NCLEX-RN examination, the skills to obtain licensure to practice as a registered professional nurse and the liberal arts perspective to use their talents in multiple settings and to make a positive contribution to the world.
- Students study and practice in two state-of-the-art clinical simulation laboratories constructed specifically for nursing.
- Classes emphasize student attention, accountability and close interaction with faculty and colleagues.
- All coursework is taken at Dominican with clinical experiences provided at partnering local healthcare facilities.
- Dominican’s highly regarded programs in the sciences complement nursing coursework with opportunities for study in fields including biochemistry, neuroscience and nutrition science.
- Faculty members bring years of nursing experience in clinical, administrative and educational settings, helping students connect classroom learning with real-world competencies.
- Strong connections with clinical partners in a wide array of clinical specialty areas provide opportunities for meaningful professional interaction and clinical experiences.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Dominican University is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 320 W. Washington St., 3rd floor, Springfield, IL 62786, (217) 785-0800. The program prepares graduates to be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for licensing as a registered professional nurse.
The baccalaureate degree program is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.Career Opportunities
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Illinois Dominican University provides strong preparation for entry-level nursing careers in healthcare settings such as:
- Doctor's offices and clinics
- Home care organizations
- Elder care facilities
- Government Organizations
- Research Institutions
In addition, a BSN often is followed by advanced study in nursing or other health specialties. As a program of the College of Health Sciences, Dominican's BSN also will provide you with the interdisciplinary skills needed to work in related fields such as health policy, health education, research, and medical sales.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundational Concepts of Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment and Promotion
- Adult Nursing 1: Fundamentals
- Pharmacology in Nursing Practice
- Evidence Based Practice & Nursing Research
- Adult Nursing II: Medical-Surgical
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Biochemistry View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.