Illinois Dominican University's program also prepares students for graduate study in computer science, business or related disciplines.
If you enjoy puzzles, adapt well to change and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, a major in computer science might be right for you. You’ll also need to enjoy working with people because computer scientists usually work as part of a team.
The Computer Science major at Dominican includes a core set of courses in software development, along with a wide range of electives. The curriculum is on the cutting edge, constantly changing to keep up with the latest technology. Classes cover both the theory and applications of computer science and expose students to applications in a variety of fields. Coupled with Dominican’s comprehensive liberal arts program, the computer science major provides students with the critical thinking skills required to succeed in a complex and ever-changing society.
Career paths in computer-related fields include classic jobs like programming, as well as jobs no one even imagined 15 or 20 years ago. Today, many Dominican computer science graduates work as:
- Computer programmers
- Computer software engineers
- Computer systems analysts
- Computer support specialists
- Computer security specialists
- Systems administrators
- Networking specialists
- Database developers
- Web developers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming - Data Structures
- Operating Systems
- Windows-Based Application Development
- Web Development
- Database Design and Programming
- Community-Based Learning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 612 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.