Thoughtful and responsible citizenship is fostered by guiding you to an understanding of the relationship between personal experiences and larger social forces. The Sociology Department at Coe College encourages flexibility in course scheduling, with a variety of paths available to successful completion of the major. You will receive careful advising from the faculty in order to ensure course selection, off-campus study, internships and independent study projects meet your needs and interests. A degree in sociology gives a strong background for a variety of careers after graduation.
As a Sociology major at Coe College, you’ll do more than just attend classes. We have the benefit of being located in a vibrant urban area that serves as a type of active classroom for issues relevant to the contemporary social world. You will receive a well-rounded education and solid preparation for your life after college. At Coe you can:
- Gain valuable experience on a semester-long internship with a Cedar Rapids service organization.
- Collaborate with faculty. Members of the department are engaged in a variety of interesting research studies and community projects.
- Create a senior honors project with a Coe professor, conducting a research study of your own design.
- Develop a project program of your own — we have a framework that makes it possible to pursue your own interests.
- Sociology of the Family
- Methods of Sociological Research
- Sociology of Race
- Statistical Foundations
- Inferential Statistics
- Sociological Theory
- Deviant Behavior
- Social Change
- Small Groups
- Capstone Seminar in Sociology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Cognitive Sciences View 545 other Bachelors in Cognitive Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Coe College Application or Common Application
- Official results of the SAT or ACT*
- Official high school transcript**
- Admission recommendation (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
- Personal essay (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
International50314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50314 USD per year during 48 months.
National50314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50314 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.