The student’s creative skills are guided and developed through intense study in, and the practical application of, 20th and 21st century art music, as well as practical skills in career management and concert production. The curriculum does not include significant study of, or work in popular idioms or jazz.
Prospective students must be aware of the rigorous competition in the field, and should realize that continued study at the graduate level constitutes the minimum standard of professional success. The Composition program at Shenandoah University is constructed around the development of core foundation skills that most students will further develop at the graduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureUpon successful completion of this program of study, students will be able to:
- Compose original instrumental and vocal music with a high level of technique;
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to music theory, analysis, history, and technology;
- Coordinate, rehearse and produce their own music in live performance and readings; and
- Demonstrate artistic growth and artistic self-possession.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2179 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.