At Painting from Rhode Island School of Design fellow students and faculty also offer critical and emotional support, which is especially important for the emergence of strong personal work. Overall, the department offers a stimulating atmosphere conducive to exploration and growth.
Graduates with Painting from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- demonstrate strong visual, verbal and technical skills
- recognize the interdependence of content and form
- appreciate context and physical properties vital to works of art not designed for reproduction
- demonstrate enhanced critical reasoning with broad historical overviews and social insight
- support intellectual and academic freedom
- deliver discerning critiques of their own work and that of others
- create new works of art
- Painting Methods and Materials
- Prehistory/Contemporary Art
- Painterly Prints
- Contemporary Art and Criticism
- Experiments in Drawing
- Digital Tools
- Contemporary Art
- Critical Curating
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 1158 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rhode Island School of Design and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
International56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 48 months.
National56435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56435 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.