They also learn to be sensitive to and conversant with major philosophical and theological positions in the study of religion. Through a broad survey of biblical studies, Christian theology, and religions, students come to appreciate their own Orthodox Christian faith intellectually and spiritually.
The Religious Studies program from the Hellenic College Holy Cross provides students with critical thinking and writing skills while also preparing them with analytical and research skills. Many students continue on to graduate studies in religion or theology.
- Students will be prepared for careers in the helping professions, including ministry in the Church, and further studies in graduate programs.
- Seminarian students will be prepared for ordained service in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America or other Orthodox jurisdictions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Patristic interpretation of the Bible and
- Bible in Orthodox theology and liturgy
- Christian Theology and Spirituality
- Christian theology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 835 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application or Common Application
- Personal essay (or a graded writing sample)
- Interview with Admissions Office
- Official copy of all transcripts (all high schools and colleges attended; include school academic profile if possible.)
- Evaluation from one academic source (guidance counselor or teacher/professor)—two or three recommendation letters preferred
- ACT or SAT scores (optional)
International21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 48 months.
National21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookline
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.