You can major in Music or music and technology at Connecticut College, with a concentration in performance, theory, ethnomusicology, music education, history or composition. Master classes and lectures will provide regular opportunities for you to work with internationally known performers, composers and scholars. Through Connections, you’ll integrate your music studies with your choice of an academic Pathway, and then practice everything you’ve learned in an internship. The discipline and critical-thinking skills you develop will prepare you for graduate school or a career in a number of fields.
Performance and private study opportunities
Public performances are a priority. You can perform during one of the many recitals each semester or join one of several ensembles, including the concert band, jazz ensemble, orchestra, percussion ensemble and chamber choir. If you are interested in musical theater, you can audition for one of our annual shows, produced in collaboration with the theater department. We also offer free music lessons to qualified students through the Jack Niblack '98 Music Lessons Fund.
Cummings Arts Center boasts technology-rich classrooms, the Greer Music Library, two performance halls and numerous studios and practice rooms. We are also an "All-Steinway School." In Cummings, you have access to a recording studio, a control room with connectivity to two major recital halls and a production-quality electronic music studio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundational Theory For Musicians
- Making Music At The Keyboard
- Music Through Time And Society
- Post-tonal Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2097 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.