We offer a dynamic Government program at Connecticut College with a large and engaged faculty and a high level of student interest. Award-winning professors challenge you to explore issues and articulate your thoughts through written and oral presentations.
Our majors have successful careers in policy analysis, journalism, law, national security, international nongovernmental organizations and government relations. Many attend law school or graduate programs in law enforcement, public administration, political science, media relations and journalism.
International opportunities and study abroad
Most government majors study abroad. Some spend a semester with a small group of Connecticut College students and one or two professors who travel together. Government faculty have led these Study Away Teach Away programs to Vietnam, Italy and Spain. Some government courses also include a travel component of one to three weeks.
You can focus your interest in government and international issues by pursuing a certificate from one of the College's interdisciplinary academic centers. The Holleran Center for Community Action and Public Policy stresses service learning and action research. If environmental issues are your passion, consider the Goodwin-Niering Center for the Environment. For an international emphasis, look to the Toor Cummings Center for International Studies and the Liberal Arts – it includes foreign language study and an overseas internship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Middle East Politics
- U.S. Foreign Policy Toward Latin America
- The European Union
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1088 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.