Research is a priority for Computer Science majors at Connecticut College. It allows you to immerse yourself in a topic of interest, contribute to the advancement of the field and prepare for graduate studies and future employment. Recent topics include entertainment software design, realistic avatar development, game agent learning, robot colony experiments, algorithmic game theory, music alignment, tonal classification, visualization, image and sound processing, algorithms for routing and scheduling, mobile device tour system development and bioinformatics. Students have presented their work at conferences across the globe. You are expected to complete at least two semesters of research.
If you’re doing research or taking an advanced course, you have 24/7 access to campus labs. Facilities include standard UNIX and PC labs, as well as labs in robotics, multimedia and digital signal processing, and graphics and virtual reality. The robotics lab is equipped with workbenches, construction tools, a laser cutter, a 3D printer, robots and a colony space. The multimedia and signal processing lab has high-end graphics workstations, head-mounted displays, force feedback devices, development environments for multimedia content processing and software for producing animations. The graphics and virtual reality lab has high-end graphics workstations, 3D trackers, a full-body motion capture system, touch screen monitors, wearable computing devices, 3D camera and a 4.5 x 12-foot 3D visualization wall.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction To Computer Science And Problem Solving
- Data Structures
- Computer Organization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Bioinformatics View 1704 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.