The Art Studio major at Willamette University, as part of the broad liberal arts tradition, fosters the development of analytical skills, engagement with ideas, and the exploration of social and personal values. Consequently, students majoring in Art have found their study a good point of departure for careers in education, professional art, advertising, communications, architecture, art criticism, and museum work, as well as law, business and government.
Through creative work, Studio Art courses develop skills that emphasize visual perception and articulation, conceptual and practical problems, and technical skills in a variety of media and processes. Foundation courses in basic design and composition prepare students for creative work in courses dealing with particular media or processes, such as painting, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, electronic media, and photography. Upper level courses develop students' conceptual and artistic skills needed for successful completion of a final thesis project highlighted in the annual Senior Show at the Hallie Ford Museum of Art.
Preparing our students for many varied careers including:
- Practicing studio artist
- Exhibition design for fine art museums and galleries
- Curatorial work and gallery management
- New media & Communication
- Video Art
- Etching: Processes and Themes in the Printed Image
- Black and White Photography
- Drawing Concepts
- Drawing Inquiry
- Installation Art
- Painting: Contemporary and Conceptual Practices
- Concepts in Sculpture
- Topics in Sculpture
- Printmaking: Monoprints and Mixed-Media
- Topics in Photography
- Photography: Documentary and Conceptual Practices
- Independent Projects
- Contemporary Art Theory and Practice
- Senior Studio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 1551 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common application
- Records of Secondary and Post-Secondary Academic Work
- School Report Form and Counselor Recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores - optional
- Teacher Evaluation - optional
- Official Language Test Score
- Passport Photo Identification Page
- Financial Guarantee Statement
- Mailing Your Documents
International45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45000 USD per year during 48 months.
National45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.