Degrees offered:Students wishing to pursue a major in Music at the University of Alabama Huntsville should have pre-college training in their principal performing instrument or voice and have ability to read music fluently. Basic keyboard ability is helpful but not mandatory.Entering freshmen and transferring students are required to take a placement examination in rudiments (scales, keys, intervals, triads, general notation), music reading, and performance (principal instrument or voice). Deficiencies may be removed through remedial instruction.The University of Alabama in Huntsville offers a Bachelor of Arts in Music with several different emphases. Students choose one (or more) of these emphases:
- Liberal Arts Emphasis
- Performance Emphasis
- Jazz Emphasis
- Music Technology Emphasis
- Music Business Emphasis
- Church Music Emphasis
- Piano Pedagogy Emphasis
- Music Education Emphasis
- Entry Requirements for Music Majors and Minors
The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to music literature
- Piano class
- Introduction to world music
- Intro arts management
- Intro to music technology
- Music theory
- Introduction to music theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
UAH suggests that high school students apply during the fall semester of their senior year.
DisciplinesMusic Music History Literature View 1124 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Completed undergraduate international application form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $60 USD.
- Official copies of secondary school and college or university transcripts including English translations forwarded to The University of Alabama in Huntsville directly from the institution(s) attended or the approved accrediting agency. Personal copies are not accepted. English credits earned at international institutions will be evaluated by the Department of English at UAH after an admission decision is made.
- Certificate of Foreign Credit Evaluation for all high school or college coursework done outside of the U.S. must be performed by an approved service.
- Admission to the University of Alabama in Huntsville does not guarantee admission to the UAH Department of Music.
- Auditions are required for all applicants majoring or minoring in music.
- Those who have not auditioned and been accepted as music majors may not take studio instruction at the 200-level.
International22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
National22126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22126 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.