- Focus on project-based learning: work on real-world projects with industry partners
- Site visits and field-work give you first-hand experience of industry and the civil engineer’s role within it
- A collaborative first year lets you explore other core engineering disciplines alongside Civil Engineering
- Undertake work experience as a summer placement or ‘Year in Industry’
Civil engineering is concerned with creating and managing the infrastructure and environment in which we live. As a civil engineer you’ll play a key role in the future prospects and health of society. Civil engineering interfaces with electrical, mechanical, chemical and managerial processes. People skills are vitally important to civil engineers, who work alongside a broad section of society in order to bring plans to fruition. Our programmes combine science with personal and management skills developed through practical projects and direct study.
Engineers have a reputation as being articulate, numerate, problem solvers, who claim great job satisfaction. Typically, salaries are significantly higher for engineering graduates than the average for other graduates.
Exeter has an excellent reputation with graduate recruiters and a strong employment record. Civil Engineering graduates at The University of Exeter excel in specialist engineering fields and across a broad range of other sectors. We offer a very wide range of opportunities for you to develop the skills employers are looking for.
This degree is professionally accredited under licence from the Engineering Council and the Joint Board of Moderators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Civil Engineering Challenge Project
- Modelling of Engineering Systems
- Soil Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Structural Behaviour
- Industry 4.0
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We encourage you to apply before 15 January but will continue to consider applications from international students until 30 June if places are available.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 426 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level - AAB - ABB - GCE AL Maths grade B and another science* subject at grade B. Candidates may offer GCE AL Maths, Pure Maths or Further Maths
- IB - 34/665-32/655 - IB Maths HL5 and another science subject HL5. Applicants achieving IB Maths SL7 plus IB HL5 in Physics will also be considered.
- BTEC - DDD - DDM
- GCSE - C or 4 - English Language
- The University recognises a wide range of European and international qualifications and equivalencies.
International23450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.