Why choose the International Bachelor - Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering (IBMMAE) at INSA Lyon?
- A Bachelor’s degree structure corresponds to a recognised standard for undergraduate studies worldwide.
- On completion of the 3-year programme, it offers students the possibility of either entering the job market or continuing with further studies.
- The IBMMAE provides the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies in fast-expanding engineering sectors. Real technical expertise is acquired as of year 1 and mandatory internships and real-world projects favour direct contact with industrial needs rendering students highly employable.
- The IBMMAE course implements interactive pedagogy focused on personal work and projects, to develop problem-solving techniques and foster quantitative and collaborative skills prized by employers. Classes are taught by internationally recognised experts in the fields of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering provides a passport to interesting, challenging and well-paid careers worldwide. The main areas of employment are in design and manufacture, research and development, management, project engineering and technical support as well as in sales and marketing.
The 3-year IBMMAE programme has been created in response to the need(s):
- for highly qualified technicians at the Bachelor’s level especially in France,
- of companies actively seeking to recruit professionals who can be operational in multi-cultural/linguistics environments.
- of the aerospace and aircraft industries which will continue to expand and recruit in the foreseeable future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Engineering covering Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Design
- Strength of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Bachelor in Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering is tailored to English-speaking students of all nationalities who have an interest in Technology, Applied Sciences and Aeronautics. A good level in Mathematics and Physics is a pre-requisite.No minimum French level required.
- A-levels: AAB (Maths A, Physics A)
- IB: 32 (with either Maths HL5 or Physics HL5)
- French Baccalaureate: S (Maths: 13, Physics: 13)
- USA: Strong High School Diploma combined with strong SAT I and II scores and/or APs with grades at 4 or above
- India: 75% in all subjects taken at level XII (Maths and Physics are required)
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.