Learning Goals for the Psychology Major
Students who graduate with a Political Science program from Amherst College will develop knowledge, skills, and values consistent with the science and application of psychology. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- The major is designed to expose students to the breadth of the discipline in Introductory Psychology and the 200-level core courses. Majors are required to complete at least one 200-level course in each of the three main content areas of psychology: Physiological Psychology, Cognitive/Developmental, Social/Personality/Clinical. In each content area the major concepts and theoretical perspectives are examined in greater depth.
- Upper-level (300-level and senior seminar) courses require majors to not only further develop their understanding of the specific areas but also to integrate theories and empirical findings across content areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics and Experimental Design
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Social Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Intergroup Dialogue on Race
- Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1098 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.