Learning objectives for the Physics program at Williams College:
- Our students become confident and versatile problem-solvers who use physical intuition together with analytic and quantitative skills to study, model, and understand the world around us. They develop laboratory skills throughout our curriculum via hands-on experiences with diverse experimental techniques and tools. They learn various approaches to data analysis and become comfortable using computational methods to analyze and solve problems.
- Our students develop a solid grasp of core concepts and applications of classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, quantum mechanics, and statistical physics. They learn how physics and other disciplines have impacted and continue to impact each other and society.
- Our students become effective, clear communicators in written and oral work, capable of explaining complex quantitative issues in broadly accessible terms.
- Upon completing the physics major, our students are well prepared for graduate study in physics and related fields, and some follow that path. Our students’ long-term professional pursuits are quite varied, but many are drawn to careers that require scientific or technical expertise or strong quantitative reasoning abilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Being Human in STEM
- Spacetime and Quanta
- Energy Science and Technology
- Sound, Light, and Perception
- Electromagnetism and the Physics of Matter
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry View 2047 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application
- School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Mid-Year Report (Due February 5 or for schools on a trimester, when 2nd trimester grades are available)
- $65 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Early Decision Agreement Form (Early Decision applicants only)
International50450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50450 USD per year during 48 months.
National50450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50450 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for North Adams
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.