The Bachelor of Science in Physics offered by the Marshall University is a program designed to provide undergraduate students with a high quality Physics education, in order to prepare them for future careers like:
- Graduate school in Physics or Engineering
- Medical School, Law School, or any other professional programs
- Direct employment in government or industrial laboratories
- Private Sector; and/or
- Other technical fields
The Department of Physics also offers coursework leading toward the B.S. degree in Physics with an Areas of Emphasis (AoE) in:
- Applied Physics
- Bio Physics
- Medical Physics
- Medical Imaging
These Areas of Emphasis have a comprehensive curriculum combined with a strong physics program and a background from other scientific disciplines. Students who follow these flexible tracks will have a sound physics background, as well as broad knowledge in other sciences .
- Calculus with Analytic Geometry
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Biological Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students: applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a term.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 1675 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
- Completed application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- An official, final transcript, including graduation date, sent directly from the student’s high school to the Marshall University Admissions Office.
- Official college transcript
- American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores
- A valid immunization record
- Equivalent of U.S. high school diploma
- International GPA requirements are equivalent to domestic GPA requirements and vary by program
- ACT/SAT required for some programs and merit-based scholarships
- Proof of English Proficiency
International19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4276 USD per semester during 48 months.
Metro Residents - $7,318
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.